So...California was awesome! We flew into San Diego and spent 5 days there. First night, we went on a decently long walk (few miles each way) and up quite the hill(!) to get some frozen yogurt at Cup of Yo :D It was delicious! In the states, they have frozen yogurt places everywhere! You pick your flavor(s), you put on your toppings, and then you weigh it in and pay based on how much you have! And it's kind of cheap as well! For a huge cup...it was like 5 bucks! Not to mention it was delicious.
After that first experience, I wanted it every day after that... but we only went 3 of the 5 nights (not that we didn't find more elsewhere!) ;)
(I never got a picture of my cup because 1. I scarfed it down immediately, and 2. I never carried my phone around with me)
Here's a couple pictures I took on the plane TO San Diego...
|Scott and I :D|
|Scott and I (and Lady in Yellow)|
|Cloud Land :D|
- Well, we rented a car... and ended up with a nice Challenger ;) Scott thoroughly enjoyed cruising around in that!
- Trader Joe's (I've never been, and I wanted to check it out as I've heard about it...) We tried a few snacks like crackers and cheese, chips, cat cookies, Cookie Butter (haven't tried it yet), and Peanut Butter. All tasty so far :D
- Beach! It was alright... too seaweedy for my likings, but the sand was nice :3
- Got sun burnt...after the beach day...
- Took the ferry to... Catalina Island?? I don't remember, but that's where we beached.
- Saw downtown (it was crazy...no parking)
- Saw the Midway (that's been decommissioned, lots of cool planes on there)
- Went in a couple Submarines and on the Star of India and a "Pirate Ship" (that was actually used for the first Pirate's movie - apparently)
- Sea World! I've finally seen Shamu ;) Pretty crazy what they can train the whales, Sea Lions, and Dolphins to do.
- Went to the San Diego Temple...which was really nice and had delicious food :D
- Shark Week on TV! (Scary, but we both still swam in the Ocean!)
- Both of us got our hair cut!
|Don't mind me and my half snarly face...I was hungry|
|Now Scott's hair is all short! And there's me! ;)|
- Disney Land of course! 1 day in Disneyland, 1 day in California Adventure, and half a day on our favorite rides! (Everything is way too expensive there...) (Tower of Terror is the best)
- More exploring... we both got some new runners (shoes are cheaper there)
- Hollywood Blvd! Crazy busy... and lots of crazies.
- Universal Studios. Tons of fun, but insane lines!
- Venice Beach - so fun! Awesome beach, nice clear water. Good day B) ...Burnt again unfortunately....
- We also brought home some Peanut Butter Captain Crunch - it's so good! Why don't they have that here????!?!?
- Oh ya... I also got these! Unfortunately when they fully dried, they didn't stay together very well... and I ended up leaving them in California (mainly because there was no room!) But they were cute while they lasted.
But this little hummingbird was there to bid us adieu! :D (yes, the little speck on the line)
And there was frozen yogurt at the John Wayne Airport to console me ;) (it was so yummy!)
And although it's always sad to leave and come back to real life and all the daily tasks, it's still good to be back.
It was a good honeymoon and adventure and I can't wait until the next one :D
What were you up to while I was gone?
And what adventures/vacations have you been on this summer?
Toodles for meow :)!