Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cookies have begun!

Traffic last night was stupid. I'm excited for Christmas...but I'm ready for all this traffic to be gone. Regular Calgary traffic is bad enough without throwing all the last minute shoppers into the mix :P
But yes, traffic was stupid. There was no way I was going to pick up groceries or even go near the dang mall.
So I went home, showered (in case you were wondering) and then decided that something else productive was in order. The result? One batch of cookies has been made! Triple Chip Chocolate Chunk Cookies from the blog Picky Palate. So I broke out one of our wedding gifts (from my mom - thanks :D)...guys, it was awesome. Cookies shouldn't be made any other way...it's just so convenient for it to be mixing for me while I measure and add other things in. Sweet mixer.



So I basically followed the recipe as it says...I didn't add near as many chips (of the butterscotch, white and chocolate variety) because that just seemed insane to me. I like there to be at least a bit more cookie than chip. I also made the cookies a little smaller so I could get a few more out of it, and thus decreased the baking time to 7/8 minutes. I'm not sure if I left them in too long or what, but they were a bit too crunchy for my likings...I was wanting a nice soft cookie, but they'll do. I'm mainly giving them away anyways...so be ready for crunchy cookies! :D We'll see what ends up being made tonight!

So, as I was working out this morning, George was crawling around the tree and he just looked so cute! I had to stop and take a picture...



Cute~! :D 
After the picture, George proceed to fall (or fail at jumping) off the table - poor little guy x).

PS. Do you like our recently added decorations? Dino and, up in the left corner, blue Snoopy!

 Speaking of decorations :D ... they're related to Christmas, which brings us tooooooo....


December 18th (!), less than one week until Christmas yo! I'm to share with you, when I open gifts. 
My family has never been into the opening of just one (or any) gifts on Christmas Eve (which I know some people do). We've always opened gifts Christmas morning, which I like...though I wouldn't be opposed to opening it Christmas Eve or even the day after. Just so long as I get to open eventually ;) haha. 

When do you (like to) open gifts??

12 Days of Christmas...
On the 6th day of Christmas a Trudy gave to you, 6 lengthy foot rubs, 5 booooxxes of Godiiiivaaaa, 4 festive movies, 3 pomegranates, 2 pairs of sweatpants and a fuzzy kitten named Georgey! :)

I don't know about you, but I love foot rubs. They just feel so dang good! (Really, I like all massages though...so ya...)

Do you like having your feet rubbed? How about giving foot rubs?

Some people are too grossed out to give them... I really don't care. (Though I would prefer for them to be cleaned...some feet just smell, rather unpleasant). Either way, I'll likely be washing my hands...

AND that's all. Wish me luck on tonight's cookies! Mixer, here I come :)!

Buh bye for meow :)!

PS. The last day to enter for the giveaway will be Thursday night (midnight I guess). I'll be doing the draws on Friday morning... so just as long as all entries are in before then, you'll be good! So that's only a few more days if there's anything you want to enter for that you haven't yet, do it! There's still great chances!!

Today's song... is actually one I kind of forgot about. I recall singing it in Music Class in grade 5 or 6...
I'd like to see (or rather, HEAR) you try singing it WITHOUT attempting an Australian accent...

6 comments:

  1. I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOUR KITCHEN AID!!!!!!!!! I've been wanting one for years now :( first thing going on the registry when I get married! And I bet your cookies turned out delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she pretty?? :D
      Definitely a good choice for the registry ;)
      They're pretty good...I'm so sick of baking already...haha.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. He's lucky he's cute...because he can be ridiculously annoying! haha

      Delete
  3. i agree, i adore my kitchenaid mixer - makes things SO easy in the kitchen! I love the red color of yours. and triple chip cookies?? Sound INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The red is definitely nice, it matches my little electric kettle :3

      They were alright. I'm looking forward to making a couple recipes of yours tonight ;)

      Delete